Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Brain Teasing Experience

What is the first thing that comes into your mind if you hear the word "College"??

Is it something scary or something uncomfortable??

Well, you might feel pressure especially if you are a freshman on college.
What course would you like to take?? It's true that there were seminars held during your 4th year in high school  about what course would you like to take, what profession is suitable for you, what are the things you need to prepare before entering college, these are the questions that keep coming into your mind during your enrollment days. But, those seminars are useless if you're pressuring yourself.

Civil Engineering!

Yes I want to take it! That's my first reaction when i see the list of courses available. Why? Am i good in math?  Actually, I'm not that good, but i can solve mathematics problems. It's my reason why I took Civil Engineering, yes that's the only reason.

During my 1st year, all the lessons are easy for me, I guess. My second year is also good and also my third year was not that bad. But during my 4th year, subjects are getting difficult that I ever imagined. All subjects are purely applications of maths in the field, out professor is training us for the actual job of a civil engineer, woooossshh,.. it's the very stressful time of my college life. I can't even managed my time reviewing, doing projects, report, completing manuals. It's the time i realize that in civil engineering, you should not only be good in math but also good in applying it on practical situations.

Anyway that's an experience..

I hope that the following can help you student to succeed on your academics..

1. Location, Location, Location..

If you're serious about getting work done, find a place that's relatively free of distractions.

2. Make it a habit: Work everyday!

Avoid all night cramming sessions. You will not be able to understand and retain much information. Instead spend some time on your studies.

3. Help Exists! Seek it out and Improve your Grades!

Check out your school's learning skill services, library materials, tutorials, make-up classes, remedial classes, etc.

4. Write it down!

Record important dates, like dates for assignments and tests. A day planner is great for organizing your life.

5. Get energized: Eat,Energized and Sleep!

6. Be keen: Go to class prepared and Take down notes

7. Lectures and Textbook: What's the Big Picture??

8. Do Something to remember key information!

9. Think you'll remember key points! Test yourself!

10. Be Test-Smart!

Goodluck! ^^


4 comments:

Allan said...

hahahaha saan mo nakukuha ang ganyang mga idea

Unknown said...

wag ka nang kumontra!! wahahaha!

Allan said...

dnaman kita kinukuntra gusto ko lang malaman at mukang interisado ako sa ganyan

Unknown said...

hehe.. ^^ nagcclabasan nalang.. haha! ginagawa ko ng hobby ang blogging.. lols.!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan